In a building a well installed insulation ensures energy efficiency in every part of the building envelope and more specifically on walls. Insulation is a key component of the wall to achieve a low U-value and there are lots of innovative building systems for wall insulation.
LOGIX Build Solutions launched their new LOGIX IFCs products which are suitable for Code for Sustainable Home Level 4 (CSH) and Passivhaus building. Insulated Concrete Formworks (ICFs) are large hollow building blocks, made from EPS foam (Expanded polystyrene). Once assembled into the shape of the building the hollow core is filled with concrete to create a solid, durable structure.
- Affectionately known as “giant Lego”, the hollow LOGIX blocks simply stack together.
- Two thick, continuous LOGIX foam panels envelope building to provide an effective wall assembly.
- The wall assembly delivers up to 60% lower air infiltration than a traditionally built wall. This feature adds to the thermal performance of the foam insulation, and makes the home even more draft-free and comfortable.
- The concrete core also provides a 5-day thermal lag. The thermal performance of the home is enhanced yet again.
- Steel-reinforced concrete core also protects the home or building against fires, hurricanes and earthquakes.
- The concrete core significantly reduces the penetration of outside noise.
For more information please visit http://www.logixicf.com/ and at Syntegra Consulting we can suggest solutions and products which are efficient, practical and cost effective. Our Energy consultants are experienced with specialist areas of expertise.