The low carbon energy consultants, Syntegra Consulting, have demonstrated that they lead by example and practice what they preach by successfully undertaking a full energy audit and successfully attaining approval for and ERDF Low Carbon Workspaces grant for their HQ building in Reading, Berkshire.
Syntegra House is a three-storey 4,000sqft freehold property built in the 1970s. The successfully attained grant will be used to fund the following energy efficiency upgrades:
- Solar shading
- Cloud based energy & water monitoring, measuring and targeting
- Boiler and heating controls replacement & upgrade
- Voltage optimisation
The latter grant funded measures will reduce the gas and electricity consumption by circa 30%+ and save in excess of 5.3 tonnes of carbon emissions per annum.
The company have already undertaken the following energy efficiency measures (prior to the grant award)
- Upgraded lighting to energy efficient LED lighting
- Switched energy utility contracts (to a more favourable tariff rate and contract period)
- Upgraded IT server printers/PCs to more energy efficient technology
- Adopted best practice energy usage workshops for all employees
Low Carbon Workspace grant eligibility
- Must be an SME with up to 250 employees in the South East of England (Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Surrey, Sussex.
- A valid EPC or energy audit demonstrating the approved activities contribution in the reduction of CO2 emissions.
- The business must be trading for at least 1 year.
- Minimum energy consumption expenditure must be at least £3,000 p.a
For further information about the Low Carbon Workspaces grant visit www.lowcarbonworkspaces.co.uk and for more information about the Energy audit process please telephone Syntegra on +44(0)8450091625 or e-mail: email@example.com